Thursday, August 9, 2012

Wet n' Wild

In an attempt to be fit and active, I hopped on board at my local gym when they offered a discounted rate for a yearly membership. I was spending WAY too much going to Cardio Barre and I wanted some variety. My friend Dione (a fellow Duchess) joined as well so we could take classes together. After a couple of weeks of Zumba classes, it was time to shake it up! This morning, I got a text from Dione saying, "Let's try the water aerobics class at 9:30!" Awesome! Here's what I was picturing:


Maybe a little of this:


I mean, who doesn't need a hand with pool noodles? Those things are so hard to manage! Water aerobics is the premise for the Magic Mike sequel right?

Instead, Dione and I donned our cute bikini's, grabbed our towels and noodles, and walked in to this:


Those ladies are having too much fun though. It was more like this:


Bad disco music was pumped through the chintzy pool speakers. The young, super fit and enthusiastic instructor was so thrilled to see us. , we were determined to have fun and make the best of it! Everything was great, until I put my foot in the water and it was freezing. That's where I draw the line.

I will accept that my dream of a fun, Vegas pool-party style water aerobics class at my local gym is dead. But I will not accept being cold and wet before 10am. Those bouncing, buoyant grannies are tougher than me, I'll be the first to admit it.

Next class? Spinning! If anyone has gone, can you tell me if it's more like this:


Or like this:


I'd love to have a head's up this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow! You made it all the way to the end of the story! Thanks! Thoughts?