Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What's up?

Well, hi! It's been so long since my last blog that I have to figure out the new set up and format of Blogspot. As if life weren't tough enough, amirite?!

After about six months of dead air, I'm back. Mostly because my mother gets joy from reading my blogs and sharing them with her friends. The other reason is that, as always, I love writing. Any excuse is fine by me.

So, what's up?

For me, a lot! Career, life, EVERYTHING has gotten steadily better and better this year. I can't complain. I do complain, often, but I shouldn't. If we just automatically reached our goals, they wouldn't be as sweet, right? Sure! Let's go with that.

I won a fellowship from Writer's Bootcamp to develop my pilot and have a shot at a development deal at the end of all of it. I am really proud of this. After having a successful reading for my 2 Broke Girls spec at iO West, it's been the first tangible confirmation that I'm headed in the right direction by pursuing the writing side of my career with more tenacity. I'm halfway through my first draft of AmericaLand (my pilot, based on my year in Singapore) and I'm having a BLAST recreating that world.

The other source of ridiculous pride for me lately is my all female comedy group Duchess Riot. We were invited to perform at the Comedy Central Stage, a prestigious step for a comedy group in LA, and sold it out, got a standing ovation, and accolades from many casting directors and industry folks. Missed the show? Not to worry! We were invited BACK to the CCS and also have a few shows a month that you can catch whenever you fancy. www.duchessriot.com

The reason I get such joy from this group is that these ladies have become my closest friends. Yes. Every single one of them. You may say, "A group of 8 women and you ALL get along?! Yeah, right!" and to that I laugh! I say, "Pffft!" Come see a show. You will see 8 chicks who love each other to pieces and come alive when they get to share a stage together. It's the most fun I've had performing in years!

I'll catch you up on more and have stories of me being a total weirdo soon! Subscribe, follow me on twitter (not you Mom,) or FB.

Thanks for reading!
Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow! You made it all the way to the end of the story! Thanks! Thoughts?